So I am making progress on things, slowly but surely. I have got a small portion of the narrative down on paper and have been developing how to visually display the design as it pertains to the narrative and the different phases. I can honestly say it is a challenge to develop this narrative and design documents – it is the compilation of years of research and work on my part, functionally combining the systems and practices I have been working on. I get so excited sometimes watching things come together and at the same time reminding myself to keep focused since this is all going to take some time to realize. I like the way I am doing this, it feels right – I am putting a lot of time and thought into the design, I want to make sure I have covered all the bases and have zero’d in on the best possible design – I can’t wait for it to be public and then get feedback for tweaking and further refinement. I feel I have a good layout for my narrative and visual representations, I am going to do a hybrid of sort – Have the narrative with textual details on the systems, functionality, background, intent, etc. I will have a 2D CAD representation for each section of the narrative with additional information and finally I am thinking of using pictures with notes and sketches over laid to show how things are to change. Finally I want to get an artists rendition of the final completed work as my cover. Parts of the narrative are going to be an aside to the living building challenge since they don’t necessarily pertain to the structure but more to the operation and livability.
Outside of developing my narrative I moved forward with the next stages of the grey water system. I have the main trunk lines in for the upper and lower gardens, now I just need to get the soaker hoses in place for each bed. These are 1/4″ diameter soaker hoses coming off the main 1/2″ trunk lines running downhill from the upper garden. I hope to get a work party together here soon so I can bust down the remainder of the fence material I have and build four appropriately sized grey water containers for the upper garden and get those plumbed in and functioning. For now I am still working off of city water.
I have put a great deal of thought into my transportation – I originally bought the VW Vanagon to convert to a compressed air vehicle. I’m still going to do that, but I am realizing more now than ever it is going to be more of a show piece and serve for long travel – in the interim I need something light and more robust for town travel. I am back to working on my three wheeled concept car/bike that I developed plans for several years back. I am putting a little tweak on it in regards to construction and style – I will start developing some solicitation material here soon so I can hopefully get the parts and pieces donated from scrap – my budget is going to be low. Also in regards to the VW Vanagon or my Airbus, I am working on a possible inline series pneumatic drive system that would hopefully deliver more HP, better performance, regenerative braking and better efficiency… Time will tell, it’s still just theory and numbers at this point…
I am still working on getting good at doing my blogging, hard for a perfectionist like me to let you see the inner workings when its not done….